Posted on July 23, 2019
Reporting to: Grounds Manager
Job Function: To provide support to the Grounds Manager in the maintenance and development of the playing surfaces, along with the conservation and enhancement of the wider site, ensuring that the health and safety procedures are followed to the full.
Location: Cobham & Stamford Bridge
1. To ensure that all pitches are maintained to a high standard and available when required, within weather and/or ground water constraints.
2. To maintain surrounding areas including hedges, borders, shrub beds, trees and hard court areas by weeding, litter picking and edging etc.
3. Such other duties as required from time to time.
4. Comply with all Health and Safety regulations and requirements within the Company and your role.
5. Ensure the safe use, storage, calibration and disposal of pesticides, fertilisers and other similar substances.
6. Ensure that all equipment and machinery is properly maintained and secured.
7. Routine maintenance and minor repairs on machinery and hand equipment, and to report any faults or defects immediately.
8. Keep all machinery in a safe and secure position, particularly those pieces of equipment which are kept on stands.
9. Keep machinery and storage shed in a clean and safe condition.
10. Ensure grounds management are kept informed of progress of routine work and are notified of major issues when identified.
- NVQ Level 1 / Level 2.
2. Basic knowledge of Sports Turf Maintenance (or equivalent).
3. Passionate and willing to work outdoors and in all weathers.
4. Passionate and willing to work both in a team but also on your own initiative.
5. Able to work in a professional and responsible manner.
6. Good communication skills.
7. Personal qualities include excellent time management, attention to detail and a friendly and outgoing personality.
8. A flexible approach to working hours, particularly weekends and bank holidays is a must.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to Chelsea FC Foundation policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act.
Chelsea Football Club and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups) that are in our care or attending our premises. The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company's premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Foundation Safeguarding Lead.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers. Applicants must be willing to undergo a DBS screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
How to Apply
Please apply through our careers portal - https://my.corehr.com/pls/coreportal_cfcp/erq_jobspec_version_4.display_form?p_company=1001&p_internal_external=E&p_display_in_irish=N&p_process_type=&p_applicant_no=&p_form_profile_detail=&p_display_apply_ind=Y&p_refresh_search=Y&p_recruitment_id=005642
Share on a Social Network
Chelsea Football Club
Stamford Bridge, Fulham Road